Help Desks

Monday through Friday
8:00am until 4:30pm

(800) 482-5431
in-state toll-free or
(501) 682-8501
local and out-of-state

1. Coverage
2. Bills
3. Denial letters
4. Other services

(800) 482-8988
in-state toll-free  or
(501) 682-8233
local and out-of-state

1. Lost / non-receipt of
Medicaid cards
2. Eligibility
3. County DHS problems

Who Can Get Full Medicaid Benefits?

It depends on how much money you make, how much property you own, your age, and your situation. Most people who can get Medicaid are in one of these groups:

  • Age 65 and older
  • Under age 19
  • Blind
  • Disabled
  • Pregnant
  • The parent or the relative who is caretaker of a child with an absent, disabled, or unemployed parent
  • Living in a nursing home
  • Under age 21 and in foster care
  • In medical need of certain home- and community-based services
  • Have breast or cervical cancer
  • Disabled, including working disabled

What if I can’t get full Medicaid benefits?

There are programs that can help.
Here are a few:
ARKids First-B
Medicaid Spend-Down
Medicare Savings Programs (QMB, SMB, and QI-1)

ARKids First-B (CHIP Title XXI funded)

  • ARKids First-B is for children under age 19 who do not have medical insurance through a parent’s employer, or who cannot use their medical insurance. For example, if a noncustodial parent living outside of Arkansas has health insurance on their child who lives in Arkansas but Arkansas doctors do not accept that insurance, the child may be able to get ARKids First-B.
  • On ARKids First-B, you will make a small payment called a co-payment for prescription drugs and some medical care, but not for preventive care like well-child check-ups.
  • You can apply for ARKids First-A (Medicaid) and ARKids First-B (CHIP Title XXI funded) at the same time. DHS will look at your application and decide whether you qualify for either program.
  • For more information on ARKids First-B, call 1-888-474-8275 or visit your county DHS office.

Medicaid Spend-Down

If you are hurt or sick and need a lot of care, you might be able to get temporary help from Medicaid even if you make too much money to get regular Medicaid. This is called “Medicaid Spend-Down.”

Medicare Savings Programs
(QMB, SMB, and QI-1)