For Medicaid and ARKids First-A
You must report within 10 calendar days any changes that might affect your Medicaid or ARKids First eligibility.
This means you must tell
within 10 days if:
- the number of people in your household changes—for instance, if someone moves in or out, has a baby, or dies.
- your family income changes. (You or someone else gets a job, for example.)
- you move to a new address.
- anything happens that might affect your eligibility. If you aren’t sure, contact the
office in your county or call 1-800-482-8988.
For ARKids First-B
- You have to re-enroll every year.
- You are guaranteed 12 months of coverage unless the covered child moves out of state or turns 19.
- After being enrolled in ARKids First-B for 10 months, you will get a form from
that you must fill out and return to
- You must return the filled-out form by the 19th day of the next month.
- If you don’t return the form on time, you or your child could lose ARKids First-B benefits!
- If you do not re-enroll in time, you will have to reapply and
- If your address changes, you must let
know. Contact the
office in your county.
Use Your Benefits Wisely
- Don’t get medical services you don’t need. All the services you get will be reported to your PCP (your primary care doctor).
- Follow your doctor’s advice. If you don’t, your doctor may stop treating you.
- Don’t try to get prescription drugs you don’t need. If you do try, Medicaid can restrict you to just one drug store.
If you withhold information or give false information to
to keep getting Medicaid or ARKids First, you can go to jail, be fined or both!