Help Desks

Monday through Friday
8:00am until 4:30pm

(800) 482-5431

1. Coverage
2. Bills
3. Denial letters
4. Other services

(800) 482-8988
in-state toll-free  or
(501) 682-8233
local and out-of-state

1. Lost / non-receipt of
Medicaid cards
2. Eligibility
3. County DHS problems

Important Points About Medicaid and ARKids First

  • Medicaid and ARKids First will NOT make payments to you but will pay doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers who are enrolled in the Medicaid program. Your doctor or other health care provider should bill Medicaid or ARKids First for your medical services.
  • Medicaid and ARKids First can help pay some of your medical bills, but not always all of them. If you have ARKids First-B, or if you’re an adult on Medicaid, you will have to pay for part of your medical care.
  • Doctors do not have to bill Medicaid or ARKids First, even if they are Medicaid or ARKids First providers. Before you get a service or treatment, ask if it will be billed to Medicaid or ARKids First. If it will not, the doctor has to tell you. If you still want the treatment, you may have to pay for it yourself. Or, you can find another doctor who will bill Medicaid or ARKids First.
  • Most people must choose a “primary care physician,” also called a PCP. Your PCP is the doctor who is in charge of your health care.
  • You will be given a card to show your doctor or health care provider. Take care of your card, and keep it with you at all times. It makes it easier to get the care you need.
  • Do not let others use your card. If you do, you are breaking the law. This means you could lose your Medicaid eligibility and even serve time in jail.